Inspiration is an annoying little buger, and I've had the first couple lines of this floating in my head for a few days already. So I bring you this. Unbeta-ed.


Sick Bay
By Chiharu

Disclaimer: SfoC is Tricycle’s, not mine, not matter what I tell myself.

It wasn’t as if he was careless; because he usually tried not too, at least when it came to school. As luck had it, his mother wasn’t around to bug him about wearing an overcoat –she had hid his karma sutra sweat shirt all winter last year too!-, and Scotty soon found himself struggling out of bed with the scent of winter flowing from the window. His head hurt and his nose was runny.

Adrian was the first one to notice his hazy eyes and the way he laid his head down in his arm during class, mumbling something incoherent under his breath. Mrs. Pacman was scribbling senseless equations on the board, and either didn’t notice or care about the fact that Adrian had stood from his seat before hollering over Scotty, pushing the blonde’s forehead up to feel his temperature.

“You’re hot.”

“Mmm?” Scotty cracked an eye open, looking up at the older boy.

“You have a fever.” Adrian repeated, leaning over the junior’s desk. “You should go back to your room and rest.”

Scotty didn’t argue, simply because no one ever argued with Adrian; he didn’t think anyone could if they tried. What Adrian said was obviously to be followed, which was good because the brunette usually had more sense than the rest of the soccer team. In any case, Scotty didn’t have to question this because he nearly collasped onto the floor due to the lack of strength once getting out of his desk. Adrian had to helped him back to his dorm, and Scotty couldn’t remember for the life if him how he ended up under the covers in his bed.

There was a buzz in his ear preventing him from falling asleep, and all he could do was to gaze aimlessly at his drawer and stare at uniform pants hanging off the chair in a corner. By the time Scotty realized that this meant he was probably naked to some degree, he was drifting off to the land of European sausages dreams.

“HEEY YOU!”

The blonde nearly fell out of his bed when Christian had finally emerged back into their dorm room, slamming the door shut with a loud thud. “I heard you were sick!”

Scotty merely frowned him, pulling his cover over his head and curling up in a ball. “Go away.”

“Hey!” Chris pouted. “Don’t go back to sleep!” The freckled boy bounced onto the edge of Scotty’s bed, pulling on the edge of his comforter. “You have to eat something!”

“Mmm-No.”

“WHY?!” Chris screeched into his ear, setting himself onto the bed next to Scotty. They continued to struggle for dominance of the comforter until Scotty finally gave up, letting go of the fabric and causing Chris to fall onto the floor.

The dark-hair boy took one look at his roommate before pulling himself up. “You need some duck soup.”

“Mmmwhat?”

“Duck soup.” Chris grinned, tilting his head sideways to meet Scotty’s (swollen) eyes. “You don’t know? It makes you feel better when you’re sick.”

“That’s chicken soup.” The blonde mumbled, hugging his pillow tighter.

“Nooo. Duck.”

“CHICKEN.”

“DUCK.”

“You know what?” Scotty dug his face into the pillow. “It doesn’t matter. This is the middle of November, you’re not going to find any duck soup anyways.”

“This is German Sausage High School, you can find anything.” Chris grinned –had Scotty been more grumpy he would’ve slapped it off of the other boy’s face-, patting the blonde’s head before rushing out of the room.

A couple of minutes later, the door cracked open again.

“Hey.”

“Chrisss. I don’t want any duck soup.” Scotty mumbled under the cover. “Duck tastes like feet anyway….”

A snicker and a cough ensued the silence.

“I like duck, actually.”

Scott jerked up from under the pillow. “Adrian?”

“And me.” Felix smirked from his position behind the senior, picking random baubbles off of the floor in amusement. He took another look around the dorm room boredly. “Aren’t you lucky?”

“Here’s the homework.” Adrian smiled slightly, setting one of his neat notebooks down onto the table.

“Careful, Adrian. Don’t touch it or you’ll catch his germs.” Felix added smartly, ignoring the glare Scotty sent his way.

“Hey Scotty, I couldn’t find the duck but-” Chris burst back into the room again, carrying a bowl of suspicious substance and a handful of latex gloves. He blinked at the guests, grinning like he usually did. “Hey~”

“Chris.” Adrian smiled, always polite.

“Oh good, you brought gloves.” Felix pulled the extra supplies from Chris’s arm. “And a face mask.”

“Guys, Scott’s sick, but he doesn’t have a plague.” Adrian chuckled.

“He has an infectious disease!” Chris urged, pulling on his face mask pointedly. “See? Fee agrees.”

“Oh God.” Scotty hid under his comforter once more, trying his hardest to not pay any attention the conversation at hand.

“Okay, so I couldn’t find any duck, but I did find some snail grease, and you know what they say about snail grease, right?” Christian.

“No. What?” Adrian.

“Whatever, that doesn’t matter. I’ll hold him down and you spoon-feed it to him.” Felix.

“Guys-”

“Adrian, be quite and put these protective clothing on! The germs are everywhere! This is a hell hole!”

“Hey, hey, be nice. I live in this hell hole!”

“Which explains everything.”

“Ouch.”

“Chris hasn’t gotten sick so far.”

“That’s because I’m naturally healthy.”

“Not in your brain.”

“HEY!”

“What the-”

There was some sloshing sound or another, and a small thud as something fell on the ground.

“That was an original poster! You better pay for that!”

“You’re the one who threw the snail grease at me!”

“I’m also the one who’s going to kick your ass!”

“YOU!”

“Scott, you should wake up.” Adrian spoke up after awhile. Scotty had waved his hand around in the air aimlessly, slapping Adrian’s hand away. “I’m seriously, you know. Chris is trying to strangle Felix with your uniform pants.”

“If I eat the snail grease, will you all leave?”

-end-

Point? There is no point. :D I love Chris.